UKPA announcements will be made here.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2691
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
The 2018 UK Sudoku Championship will take place over the weekend of 9-10th June 2018
(12:00 8th June to 23:59 11th June)
The 2018 UK Puzzle Championship will be held 2 weeks later, over the weekend of 23-24 June 2018
(12:00 22nd June to 23:59 25th June)
- The championships will take place online, on this website, via the contests page, where you can also access all past championships.
- Exact durations (usually 2 - 2.5 hrs) will be posted nearer the time
- You may commence at a time convenient to yourself within the allotted time.
- The puzzles will be available as a PDF, which you will need to print out and solve.
- You will then need to enter the requested answer keys from your solution into the contest page.
- You will need to be logged in to this website (forum) to participate. (Simple registration is free)
- Past championships are available at the above contests page.
- All puzzlers worldwide are welcome to participate.
- The top 2 British competitors (qualifying information here) in each championship will earn the right to represent the UK at the 2018 World Championships, in Prague, 4-11 November.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu 17 May, 2018 7:08 am
Thanks to all involved in running these competitions! I'll be a first-time Sudoku entrant this year, the previous two contests having unfortunately fallen during weekends when I was on holiday or disconnected from the internet. I've immensely enjoyed the puzzles from previous years and look forward to another stunning set.
I have a couple of questions about competing that I haven't found the answers to from my reading of the website:
1) Is there a timer displayed on the answer submission page, or should I use my own stopwatch?
2) Is it against the rules to use a calculator for a Killer Sudoku? My solution path to the Killer in 2016 involved a good amount of hefty addition at the start!
Thanks in advance!
- Posts: 1165
- Joined: Thu 24 Jun, 2010 9:27 pm
1) There is a timer on the page, but don't rely on it because (unless it has been fixed) it is only approximate - use your own stopwatch.
2) It is against the rules to use a calculator for any puzzle, including Killer Sudoku.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed 06 Sep, 2017 2:20 pm
Please could the solutions booklet to the 2017 puzzle competition be published?
- Posts: 1628
- Joined: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 2:25 pm
- Location: London, UK
Traditionally I always say I'm going to do answer booklets and end up being too tired after the event to go back and do them. As I don't have the answers to hand, is there a particular puzzle you are interested in Angus?