LMI contest: Sudoku Deja Vu

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
david mcneill

LMI contest: Sudoku Deja Vu

Post by david mcneill » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 9:42 am

Just letting you know about a (hopefully) fun contest on Logic Masters India this coming weekend set by yours truly. I would encourage you all to have a go. It's slightly different from the usual.

GarethMoore

Re: LMI contest: Sudoku Deja Vu

Post by GarethMoore » Wed 03 Oct, 2018 12:31 pm

Looks like the link for this is going to be: http://logicmastersindia.com/2018/10S/

detuned

Post by detuned » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:21 am

Enjoyed this - just the two of us from the UK having a go so far, but definitely worth a go!

Feadoor

Post by Feadoor » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:08 am

Aside from my frustration (at myself!) for being extremely slow to spot the Deja Vu rules (I spent approximately 30 of the 90 minutes not actually solving sudoku...), thank you David for some lovely puzzles and a fun contest!

I'm especially impressed by how the Deja Vu concept didn't detract at all from the quality of the puzzles - the 5 normal grids stood up very well as puzzles in their own right, and if they had appeared as standalone puzzles there would be nothing about them to indicate that they were hiding a secret constraint.

I thought that the Diagonal and Anti-Knight pairs were particularly aesthetic and pleasant to solve.